Business Development Managers
The purpose of Business Development Managers (BDM) role is to plan and carry out sales activities based on ‘new logos’, to develop an appropriate sales pipeline in accordance with an agreed business plan and to exceed annual sales target.
As a Business Development Manager you would be expected to spearhead sales engagements to develop interest in products and services of Gradian, in order to generate sales. Your performance will be benchmarked against sales targets and Key Performance Indicators set by the company. The role is focused on winning net new business revenues to Gradian.
- Generate new business opportunities to develop a sufficient pipeline to hit sales targets.
- Plan and prioritise personal sales activities and customer / prospect contact towards achieving set KPI’s and business targets.
- Manage product / service mix, pricing and margins according to agreed aims.
- Develop new opportunities from confirmed prospect through to Billing customers by delivering appropriate propositions through ethical sales methods.
- Build on local marketing activities to agreed budgets and timescales, and integrate personal sales efforts with other organised marketing activities, e.g., product launches, promotions, advertising, exhibitions and telemarketing.
- Use customer and prospect contact activities tools and systems (CRM) and update relevant information held in these systems.
- Record, report and administer sales activity using systems provided in an accurate, timely and efficient manner.
- Respond to and follow up sales enquiries using appropriate methods.
- Any reasonable activity not currently listed that the Company deems fit for the support of the Sales department.
- Undertake training as required to maintain and develop both product and personal development.
- Attend and support external events such as exhibitions, corporate events, industry events.
- Maintain market awareness through reading, industry journals, broadsheets and web.
- Attend regular internal meetings .
- Participation in development and promotion of new products and services.
Key (Ideal) Requirements
- 18-24 months minimum sales experience.
- Strong self-presentation skills.
- Knowledge of standard software applications .
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – by phone and face to face.
- Driven by the need to win.
- Drivers license essential.
- High degree of self-motivation and drive .
- Numerical reasoning skills (ability to understand & apply financial information).
- Strong rapport builder and communicator (written and verbal).
- Excellent listening skills.
- Unquestionable professional and personal integrity.
- Ability to plan and organise work load .
- Ability to ”think on their feet” and demonstrate good problem solving skills.
- High Energy levels
Gradian places great emphasis on flexible working practices whilst providing a position with a competitive basic salary in conjunction with a strong, uncapped commission structure plus generous benefits.
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, in the first instance please give us a call on 01276 534771.
Share this page