Responsible for designing, implementing and provisioning security solutions to our GB and European customer base.
Location: Head Office – Farnborough, Customer Site – UK & Europe
Reporting to: Technical Services Manager
Salary: generous basic with benefits
The Technical Services team provides a wide range of services to our customers, providing both proactive and reactive technical support as well as implementing new technical solutions and, on completion, ensuring an efficient and complete transition into BAU operation.
In this role you will be implementing systems from inception at hardware build/VMware installation stage through to configuration and subsequent integration into customer infrastructure. Also the migration of existing systems and applications onto new infrastructure including transition onto hosted platforms if appropriate.
Excellent hands-on IT skills and experience of enterprise deployments of security technologies are essential, as are good communication and organisational skills and the ability to work well in a team.
The role may also require the ability to mentor and develop other members of the team and may include overseeing a number of projects carried out by other vendors or service providers.
The role requires knowledge of the installation and administration of two of the following technologies when deployed in an enterprise environment: –
- Bluecoat WSS / SWG
- Encryption technologies (disk encryption, secure email)
- Email hygiene and email infrastructure (SMTP, MX, SPAM etc)
- Endpoint security solutions
One or more of the following are highly desirable: –
- VMWare Infrastructure administration
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 and 2013 installation and support experience
- Active Directory/LDAP administration
- Networking Skills (routing/firewalls/switching)
- Microsoft SQL Server implementation, configuration and support experience
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and implement complex IT security projects into a wide variety of organisations
- Carry out security/design reviews on existing deployments of technology in our focus areas. Making recommendations and driving these recommendations to resolve outstanding issues.
- Produce accurate and effective documentation to industry standards.
- Be responsible for the ownership of customer issues and progress to resolution or escalation.
- Adhere to relevant change control processes.
- Develop strong customer relationships to drive further engagement.
- Act as point of escalation internally and offer mentoring to junior staff.
- Likely to be travelling 30-40% of your time
- Broad, high level of proven technical skill
- Excellent organisational skills
- Team player
- Excellent communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Focused and goal orientated
- Flexible approach to working, with the ability to multitask
- Attention to detail with good problem solving skills
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to be resilient
This is a key and varied role. The successful candidate will be a primary point of contact with customers so it is essential that a high level of professionalism is maintained.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, in the first instance please give us a call on 01420 540700.
Share this page