Privacy & Cookies Policy
We are committed to protecting your privacy. This policy describes in plain English exactly what data we collect from you, how we use it and how long we retain it. This policy is effective from 14th May 2018.
You may contact us with any enquiries relating to Data Protection, including to:
- Request access to information that we hold about you
- Correct any information that we hold about you
- Delete information that we hold about you
- Ask any questions about our collection, storage and processing of your data
You have the right to ask us not to process your information for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by following the unsubscribe link from our communications or by emailing our data protection team.
Our data protection team may be reached at email@example.com or by calling +44(0)1276 534772.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with your Supervisory Authority. In the UK, the supervisory authority is the ICO, https://ico.org.uk.
Our Privacy Principles
- Private: We will never sell, rent or trade information about you to other companies.
- Secure: In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information that you have given us to prevent unauthorised access.
- Necessary: We won’t collect information unless it is used to deliver a better service or to give you useful, relevant information.
How We Collect Data
We receive information about you in two ways:
- Directly from you: This is usually your contact details you provide when you email, call or via a form (e.g. our Contact Us form).
- Automatically from our website: This includes your IP address and browsing behaviour. Understanding the way you interact with our site enables us to improve our service to you.
You must obtain their consent, for both the disclosure and the processing, before you disclose to us the personal information of another person.
How We Use Data
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may legitimately interest you. You can choose to opt-out of contact at any time.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Occasionally we may incorporate cookie-generated data together with other data we hold to communicate with you in the most appropriate way. We may also compile and provide aggregate statistics about our site users, information requests, traffic patterns and any other related site information but will never identify you as an individual.
Information about you will be kept secure and it will not be supplied to anyone else unless we are obliged or permitted by law to disclose it. We never sell, rent or trade any personal information supplied by you to any third party.
Where We Store Your Data
Whilst we are based in the UK, and host services ourselves, we also make use of cloud and third-party services to deliver our services. This may mean that data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). When these transfers are needed, they will be done in full compliance of the General Data Protection Regulation, and all your personal information will be afforded a high level of protection wherever it is stored or processed.
How Long We Retain Data
Information that we collect and process shall not be kept for longer than is necessary. However, we will retain information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the information may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
When information is no longer required we will securely delete or destroy such information.
Cookies used on this Site
To make full use of our website, your browser needs to accept cookies.
Our cookies don’t store sensitive information such as your name or address. However, if you’d prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from our website, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the ‘Help’ menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone’s handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences. We also have a ‘Manage your cookies’ section below.
Here’s a list of the main cookies we use, and what we use them for.
A WordPress (content management for our website) cookie that checks to see if you are logged into the site. This cookie is only actively used by site editors and administrators.
_utma, _utmb, _utmc and _utmz
Google Analytics: stores each user’s amount of visits, and the time of the first visit, the previous visit, and the current visit.
If you wish to restrict or block cookies you can do this through your browser settings, the Help function in your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of desktop browsers.
This site is built with the Open Source content management system WordPress. The WordPress community is committed to making sure that WordPress is an accessible tool for building websites and that WordPress helps you create websites that are themselves accessible.
The theme and plugins used on this website have been developed by third parties, the accessibility levels of which are outside of our control.
Share this page